Williamson County Government Office of Public Safety, Emergency Management Agency is accepting applications for full-time Fire Service Support Officers also called Administrative Fire Captains. Under general supervision the Administrative Fire Captain is to perform administrative, technical and supervisory work functions coordinating with the volunteer Fire Chief and department leadership to assist in station and equipment readiness, planning, staffing, training, recruiting and retention of volunteers. This position also participates in fire prevention and inspection activities, equipment and station maintenance, training dealing with all phases of fire suppression, prevention, inspection, medical, rescue and emergency operations. As a part of the Emergency Management Agency staff this position supports community readiness through day to day fire service support functions and will serve as a component of emergency management field response staff in all phases of the disaster process. Reports to the Williamson County Fire Coordinator, but will receive direction from the Fire Chief of department assigned.
Examples of Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Successfully meet the State of Tennessee’s requirements for Firefighter I/II and pass exams;
- Specialized fire fighting vehicles and equipment;
- Current strategies for all types of fire such as wild-land, commercial, residential, flammable and combustible liquids, vehicle, etc.;
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) techniques and related medical equipment;
- Basic mathematical and science skills;
- Fire codes for inspection purposes.
- Emergency response records systems, communications equipment and use, I am Responding applications, fire computer applications and incident reporting procedures;
- Computers and related software.
Preferred Training and Experience:
- Associate degree with Fire Science course emphasis with one year experience as an officer.
- Certification as a Fire Department Instructor.
- Certification as a Fire Officer I.
For more information visit —> Employment Opportunities