2018 Harpeth River Stream Clean Up Itinerary Kinnie Road to Moran Road June 15, 2018
Williamson County will be hosting a stream clean up on a section of the Harpeth River on June 15, 2018. Volunteers will meet at 9:00 at the put in location, and a shuttle will be provided at the take out location. The area of focus will be from Kinnie Rd to Moran Rd, and the goals for the stream clean up will be to:
1. Visually assess bank stabilization and possible failures,
2. Record the location of specific areas that need additional attention, such as heavy debris, log jams, etc.,
3. Identify possible solutions for the safe extraction of objects within the channel,
4. Detection of possible illicit discharges, and
5. Remove trash that has been deposited in river/banks.
We will be covering approximately 5 river miles.
Trash bags, gloves, and refreshments will be provided.
Volunteers must provide their own canoes.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Michael Scott by June 8, 2018 for more information.
Phone – (615) 790-5608 E-Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org